Job Vacancy: Projects Engineer – 2 Positions
Mogaya Contractors Limited (MCL) is a company that specializes in the Design, Construction, Fabrication and Erection of Structural R.C, Steel works, Civil works including drainage and Road works. We have a portfolio of clients spread across Kenya and Eastern Africa. Our clients include East African Breweries Limited (EABL), Kenya Airports Authority (KAA), Two Rivers Mall, among others.
MCL is a fast growing company that has a vibrant team of professionals who are passionate about what MCL does. We are seeking to recruit two more project engineers who will work on wide variety of projects. Below are the qualifications and some duties for the position.
- A degree in Civil & Structural Eng. (Min Second Lower) from an accredited university.
- Minimum 2 yrs experience in structural design.
- Ready to work outside the country.
- Tech savvy and comfortable with structural design software.
- Must have worked in a minimum of 3 projects as a projects engineer to completion( show evidence)
- Flexible and able to work within strict timelines.
- Ability to work with and coordinate a team.
Job Duties will include;
- Designs construction projects by studying project concept, architectural drawings, and models.
- Prepares engineering design by collecting and studying reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photographs and tests on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and related topographical and geologic data.
- Determines project costs by calculating labor, material, and related costs.
- Prepares feasibility study by analyzing engineering design; conducting environmental impact studies; assembling data.
- Prepares engineering documents by developing construction specifications, plans, and schedules.
- Confirms adherence to construction specifications and safety standards by monitoring project progress; inspecting construction site; verifying calculations and placements.
- Fulfills project requirements by training and guiding operators.
- Maintains operations by enforcing project and operational policies and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
If you are interested in the position and you believe that you have the skills and talents we are looking for, please send a copy of your updated resume, cover letter(state your salary expectation) and project portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title Projects Engineer as the subject before close of business 22nd August 2017. Due to the large volume of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted.